Are you looking for a ceramic non stick frying pan with a lid? A frying pan with a lid means you can be more versatile with your cooking and being ceramic means a healthier option in nonstick. Let’s have a look at this professional-grade Italian-made skillet with lid…
The Vesuvio Ceramic Non Stick Frying Pan Design
This is a very lightweight pan (it’s a wrist saver) for its size, with a nonstick surface that makes for easy cooking and cleanup.
The pan has a perfectly flat base of 0.15 inch (3.7 mm) aluminum.
The pan is designed with a depth of 2.5 inch (63.5 mm) and a side slope to provide easy flipping.
The design has a final finish for long lasting durability of the cooking surface, according to the company.
“Vesuvio Ceramic Cookware features a revolutionary, proprietary, 5th generation non-stick ceramic coating that is vastly stronger and more durable than previous ceramic coatings in the market”
Even so, for all nonstick, I suggest taking time to understand how to use and care for them to get the longest life of the nonstick properties.
The thing about this one that differs to the ceramic nonstick types I’ve covered elsewhere, is that you season this pan before first use. It’s simple to do. Here’s a step-by-step on how:
- Hand wash the pan in warm water with some dish soap (avoid abrasive cleaners). Then dry.
- Lightly coat the interior of the pan with vegetable oil of choice (about 1 tbspn) and put the pan over medium to low heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Let the pan cool.
- Clean the pan again as per Step 1.
- It’s ready to use.
What’s in the box?
This video shows what to expect in unboxing the 11″ Vesuvio ceramic non stick frying pan.
What I love about this Vesuvio nonstick skillet
- It’s made in Italy.
- The thick 3.7 mm base means the pan is sturdy and not likely to warp. An aluminum base means the pan will heat quickly and evenly for fast cooking.
- The interior coating is PFOA-free, PTFE-free, cadmium-free, and lead-free, so you don’t have to worry about contaminants leaching into your food.
- Another advantage of this pan is that it can go from the stovetop to oven with or without the lid to temperatures up to 450ºF. Handles are silicone, which makes them cool to touch and heat resistant. The glass cover is also rimmed in silicone.
- Not only is it perfect for frying eggs, but, as well, the depth allows you to do things like add spinach leaves for sautéeing without them overflowing the pan.
- And, having a lid makes it easy to steam food and because the lid is glass there is no need to remove the lid to view the cooking. The silicone rim and steam hole prevent the lid from sliding or vibrating when the steam builds up.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
What can be a downside
- If you are looking for a pan compatible with induction style cooking, this is not the one for you.
- This pan needs pre-conditioning (seasoning) before first use and then at regular times to maintain the best nonstick performance.
Expect to pay a little bit more than the budget brands…
What to like about this pan? Its size, depth, and versatility.
The fact that it has a lid makes it versatile because not only can you fry, sear, and saute, but you can also steam and braise. Plus, the pan can go from stovetop to oven and has all the features of nonstick.
If you’d like to compare the ceramic non stick frying pans and find out more about those that are popular on the market, check out my article on buying the best nonstick frying pan.